お風呂で息子が呼び出しボタン押してたら来た
#kotorico #cat

I hate how they tried to rename the ASS subtitle standard to SSA. It's ass backwards if you ask me.

masto software gripes 

commercials in 2030: "were you or a loved one forced to work during the COVID-19 pandemic and suffered lung damage, post traumatic stress disorder, or death? You may be entitled to compensation."

covid, sex acts 

I did everything I could – *everything* I could – to do right by the communities of Adélie, Alpine, and Void – the users of libucontext – and by Ariadne herself.

This situation is deeply upsetting to me. We worked with her to make sure everything would be good for her and the larger community.

When she asked for maintainership back, I went into GitLab and gave it to her immediately. This also kept the benefit of having Travis, and our eventual plan of migrating to GitLab CI with more architecture spread. And it also ensured that if she was busy and there were fixes that needed to be made, any Adélie committer could push fixes.

I'm saddened by how these events have unfolded.

Direct from Quassel logs, 16 November 2019 (sorry for timestamps):

1573959397572 <kaniini> i'm going to have to request that you hand maintainership of libucontext back to me btw
1573959404580 <kaniini> i have a bunch of new code for it :p
1573959422914 <awilfox> do you want to *maintain* it, though, or do you just want push
1573959430811 <kaniini> idk
1573959431312 <awilfox> because it was going to just live at gcompat.com
1573959433692 <kaniini> doesnt matter to me
1573959452151 <kaniini> but i need to support libucontext on s390x and mips[64]
1573959498136 <awilfox> @kaniini [Maintainer] Given access just now
1573959542387 <awilfox> repository is at code.foxkit.us/adelie/libucont or git@code.foxkit.us:adelie/libucontext.git
1573959554778 <awilfox> all commits to master are autobuilt on x86 and arm
1573959651875 <awilfox> do you want me to fix your name or do you want to do that
1573959660083 <kaniini> *shrug*
1573959663130 <kaniini> you can do it
1573960036627 <awilfox> ok, fixed

MIT and ISC are functionally equivalent; ISC removes text no longer required by the Berne Convention.

ucontext disclaimer:

This software is provided 'as is' and without any warranty, express or implied. In no event shall the authors be liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.

ISC disclaimer:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

MIT disclaimer:

No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

It's closer to MIT than ISC.

Our libucontext repository is not broken on x86; it is fixed on x86.

<awilfox> the x86 port always stores the link pointer at *sp++, before the args so it is called with the link pointer as the first argument: #8 f1 (a=1448439872, b=1, c=2, d=3, e=4, f=5, g=6, h=7, i=8, j=9) at test_libucontext.c:24
<awilfox> now, fixing it, so it stores exactly the same as the 64-bit version, fixes *that* issue, but then dies when swapping contexts twice:
<awilfox> because it jumped to the value of the link pointer, that is, it jumped to *the ucontext variable* instead of the value of EIP *inside* the ucontext variable
<Emily> adelie/libucontext: A. Wilcox pushed a commit to the master branch:
<Emily> aaeb73e ( code.foxkit.us/adelie/libucont ) by A. Wilcox: x86: Write link pointer at correct stack offset
<awilfox> fixed it!! tagged 0.9.0

In addition to regular testing by way of being used for GCC Go, we also have CI for 32-bit and 64-bit x86 that ensure runtime correctness: travis-ci.org/AdelieLinux/libu

This is genuinely hurtful, especially since we took every reasonable measure to try and ensure that libucontext was taken care of properly.

git.dereferenced.org was down, and we had PowerPC changes necessary for GCC Go to work properly. The x86_32 port wasn't even functional.

The readme even mentioned that this was a part of the gcompat project, which is an Adélie effort. We provide mailing list, bug tracker, etc.

Since libucontext appeared to be abandoned upstream, I made an executive decision to fork it and have Adélie take full maintainership so that it could remain active and maintained.

covid mention 

RT @wilkieii@twitter.com

Successfully using entirely self-hosted+federated Riot/Matrix/Jitsi/Etherpad/PeerTube to host lectures, teleconference with students, answer questions in chat, and collaboratively edit their code. Write-up is incoming. Once I take a nap.

🐦🔗: twitter.com/wilkieii/status/12

unresearched reference 

Show more
Interlinked MST3K

this is mst3k